Withholding Tax Information
The income tax withholding rate remains at 4.25% for tax year 2015. However, the personal exemption amount for tax year 2015 will change to $4,000. You may continue to use 2014 Michigan Income Tax Withholding Tables.
CLICK THE MICHIGAN TREASURY ONLINE BOX:
- For information regarding Sales, Use and Withholding (SUW) tax changes effective January 2015.
- For instructions on filing tax returns and making payments for Michigan Sales, Use and Withholding for tax years 2015 and beyond.
- If you received a letter regarding Michigan Treasury Online (MTO).
Michigan Treasury Online (MTO) is incompatible with tax years 2014 and prior. Please do not attempt to file 2014 Sales, Use or Withholding (SUW) tax returns or payments using MTO.
Effective May, 20, 2015, the State of Michigan has disabled the Electronic Payment System, Payconnexions, Web site link www.michigan.gov/biztaxpayments, and the Interactive Voice Response System (IVR) for Sales, Use and Withholding Taxes (SUW). All future Sales, Use and Withholding payments should be made online through MTO. This information only applies to accounts registered to electronically pay taxes using the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Debit method. Please click here to retrieve the updated Company ID/Debit Block Numbers effective January 2015.
EFT Credit payments are still accepted, but some changes have been made for SUW filers. Please view the updated EFT Credit Instructions for Michigan Business Taxes and go to Appendix A (page 4) of the instructions to determine if the tax type you are making an EFT credit for, in tax year 2015, has an updated financial institution account number.
- Michigan Treasury Online? Get Started Here.
IMPORTANT: Please do not attempt to file 2014 Sales, Use or Withholding (SUW) tax returns or payments using Michigan Treasury Online (MTO). MTO can be used for 2015 SUW tax payments and returns.
- Notice to Taxpayers Regarding Available Opt-Out from Flow-Through Withholding
- Withholding for Flow-Through Entities
- 2014 Pension Withholding Tables
- New Businesses Webinar Presentation
- Register for Michigan Taxes
- Withholding Tax Information