- Report Abuse or Neglect Now! Rights is Everybody's Business
If you suspect or are aware of the abuse, neglect or exploitation of a recipient of public mental health services in Michigan, use the following links to assist you in reporting the information.
Recipient Rights Complaint Form
If you believe that one of your rights has been violated, you (or someone on your behalf) may use this form to make a complaint.
Or call the MDCH-ORR Hotline: 1-800-854-9090
Hearing impaired individuals may use the following number:
Michigan Relay Center (800) 649-3777 or 711
- Rights Information Handbooks and Podcast English, Spanish and Arabic versions of the booklet that explains the safeguards for your rights when you receive mental health services.
- Rights of Recipients of Mental Health Services Link to Chapter 7 of the Michigan Mental Health Code. Link to "Summary of Abuse & Neglect Reporting Requirements" posters.
- Mission and Vision The Office of Recipient Rights protects the rights granted to recipients of public mental health services in the State of Michigan. It is our mandate to assure that providers of public mental health services maintain a rights system that is commensurate with the standard set by this office.
- Community Mental Health Program Assessment Results CMH Rights System Assessments
- Office of Recipient Rights Annual Reports Recipient Rights Annual Report
- Office of Recipient Rights Newsletters Current and past issues of MDCH Office of Recipient Rights newsletter.
- Contact Us Michigan Department of Community Health Office of Recipient Rights Staff and Location Information
- DCH-ORR Recipient Rights Advisory Committee State Recipient Rights Advisory Committee
- MDCH Director's Awards for Recipient Rights Annual Recipient Rights Director's Awards
- Office of Recipient Rights Training Courses Training Opportunities for Recipient Right Staff
- Training Updates
- Continuing Education Requirements and Approved Programs Listing of all Recipient Rights Continuing Education Units approved through applications for the various trainings received by Recipient Right Staff throughout the state.
- Office of Recipient Rights - FAQ's
- The 21st Annual Recipient Rights Conference Recipient Rights Conference
- Informational Links Informational Links for Recipient Rights Advisor/Officers