Office of Recipient Rights
- Report Abuse or Neglect Now!
If you suspect or are aware of the abuse, neglect or exploitation of a recipient of public mental health services in Michigan, use the following links to asist you in reporting the information.
Call the MDHHS-ORR Hotline: 1-800-854-9090
Hearing impaired individuals may use the following number:
Michigan Relay Center (800) 649-3777 or 711
Information About the Rights of Recipients
- Rights Information Handbooks and Podcast English, Spanish and Arabic versions of the booklet that explains the safeguards for your rights when you receive mental health services.
- Rights of Recipients of Mental Health Services Link to Chapter 7 of the Michigan Mental Health Code and Administrative Rules.
Link to "Summary of Abuse & Neglect Reporting Requirements" poster.
About the Office of Recipient Rights
- Mission and Vision To protect and promote the constitutional and statutory rights of recipients of public mental health services and empower recipients to fully exercise these rights.
- Community Mental Health Program Assessments
Assessment dates and results
- Office of Recipient Rights Annual Reports Recipient Rights Annual Report
- Office of Recipient Rights Newsletters Current and past issues of MDHHS Office of Recipient Rights newsletter.
- Contact Us Michigan Department of Health & Human Services Office of Recipient Rights Staff and Location Information
- MDHHS-ORR Recipient Rights Advisory Committee Listing of meeting dates and minutes
- MDHHS Director's Awards for Recipient Rights Annual Recipient Rights Director's Awards Honorees
Information for Recipient Rights Staff
- Office of Recipient Rights Training Courses
Training Opportunities for Recipient Right Staff
- Training Updates Basic Skills Resource Manual updates
- Continuing Education Requirements and Approved Programs List of approved MDHHS Office of Recipient Rights CEU courses
- Office of Recipient Rights - FAQ's
Official interpretations of questions posed to the Office of Recipient Rights
- Forms and Templates Documents to be downloaded for use by Rights staff
- The 22nd Annual Recipient Rights Conference Recipient Rights Conference
Conference registration is now open:
Quick access to conference registration through
Michigan Association CMH Boards:
- Informational Links
Informational Links for Recipient Rights Advisor/Officers