DHS clients are issued a Michigan Bridge Card to purchase certain food products and access cash benefits at a number of retailers and ATMs throughout the state.
Contact a customer service representative toll-free at 1-888-678-8914 if you:
- Received your first card in the mail - follow the instructions that came with your card to choose a personal identification number (PIN).
- Have a lost or stolen card.
- Suspect someone else is using your card.
- Have trouble with your card.
- Forgot or want to change your PIN.
- Need to know your food and/or cash benefits balance and cannot find your last store receipt.
- Want to know a location nearby to use your card.
Customer service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (Spanish and Arabic service is available). If you are hearing- or speech-impaired, call the Michigan Relay Center at 1-800-649-3777.
Recognize your caseworker!
Submit a Mentorship Award nomination form.
The Mentorship Award honors outstanding DHS employees
who have guided, supported, and promoted personal and
work related development.
Using your Bridge Card
When you get your new card, instructions will be included. In the meantime, you can check out the following resources.
The How to Use Your Michigan Bridge Card booklet covers all aspects of how to use the Bridge Card at retailer locations and ATMs. It explains how to care for the card and what you should do if the card is damaged, lost, or stolen.
Click on the following lists of participating businesses where you can use your Bridge Card:
Always look for the Quest logo or ask an employee if the Bridge Card is accepted before making a purchase.