The Early Childhood Collections are used to report specific programs in which early childhood students are participating. Data submitted in the Fall Early Childhood Collection are used in combination with other MSDS data to report fall preschool student headcounts. The Michigan Department of Education (MDE) plans to use the Great Start Readiness (GSRP) data reported in the spring collection to compare the number of funded slots to the number of children in MSDS. Data collected in the early childhood collections are reported to the U.S. Department of Education and are utilized by MDE.
In each early childhood collection you should report any child who received program services during the reporting period. We encourage you to report all children, but you are only required to report children participating in the GSRP, GSRP/Head Start Blended Program and the Great Parents/Great Start (GPGS) program. Do not report Early On® students in this collection.
Michigan law states that ISDs are the fiscal agents for the GPGS and GSRP programs. ISDs are responsible for ensuring these data are reported in the MSDS. A warning message will display if an ISD is not the submitting entity for GSRP and GPGS program. These early childhood programs must work with their ISD to ensure compete and accurate reporting.
Early Childhood End of Program (EOP) 2013 Collection
- Reporting Period: Feb. 13 through Aug. 20, 2013
- Collection Open: Mar. 5, 2013 through Aug. 21 2013
- Certification Date: Aug. 21, 2013
Early Childhood Fall 2013 Collection
- Reporting Period: beginning of program through Oct. 31, 2013
- Collection Open: Sep. 23 through Nov. 13, 2013
- Certification Date: Nov. 13, 2013
Early Childhood Spring 2014 Collection
- Reporting Period: Nov. 1, 2013 through Feb. 12, 2014
- Collection Open: Nov. 27, 2013 through Feb. 19, 2014
- Certification Date: Feb. 19, 2014
Early Childhood End of Program (EOP) 2014 Collection
- Reporting Period: Feb. 13 through Aug. 15, 2014
- Collection Open: Mar. 5, 2014 through Aug. 20 2014
- Certification Date: Aug. 20, 2014
For each of the above submission cycles, data may be reported for any child who received services at any time during the reporting period for one of the early childhood programs listed in the collection. Each reporting period must be certified on or before its certification date.