Early On® Michigan
When a baby is born, every parent hopes that he/she will have a healthy baby. Sometimes, however, things don't go as planned. The baby may be ill or may seem slow in doing things such as smiling, sitting up or speaking.
If you have a concern about a baby's health or development, Early On serves infants and toddlers from birth to 36 months with developmental delay or conditions that could lead to such delay. It has been well established that early intervention is an effective way to prevent or reduce problems for children at a later age. Call 1-800-EarlyOn (1-800-327-5966) to confidentially discuss concerns.
Early Onspecializes in evaluating and treating children that are not developing at the same rate as other children. This can include physical, mental, communication, adaptive, social or emotional development.
Early Onis offered by the Michigan Departments of Education, Community Health and Human Services. For more information about Early On, please go to www.1800earlyon.org.
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES
11-15-2013 - Financial Information Database (FID)
11-29-2013 - 2012-2013 Final Expenditure Report due in CMS
08-29-2014 - 2013-2014 Final Expenditure Report due in CMS
Early On Michigan IDEA Part C Maintenance of Effort Q&A
5-9-13 Revised Estimated FFY 2013 (2013-2014) Early On Allocations
3-21-13 State Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) Memo
IFSP Prototype (Word format)
IFSP Checklist (Word format)
Information about Revised 2013 Funding Formula
Early Intervention (Early On) Due Process Complaint Procedures
The State Board of Education (SBE) approved revisions to several documents on March 12, 2013. New language for the Early Childhood Standards of Quality for Infant and Toddler Programs (ECSQ-IT), Early Childhood Standards of Quality for Prekindergarten (ECSQ-PK), and the Michigan Out-of-School Time (MOST) Standards of Qualitycan be found here. While changes to the documents are incorporated into these versions, the complete documents, including guidance for practitioners, content that did not change, formatting, and graphics are not yet available.
Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) Public Reporting of Data
The federal regulations implementing the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) at Section 300.602(b)(1)(i)(A) require public reporting on the performance of each early intervention program on the targets established in the State Performance Plan (SPP) for each of the priority areas for Part C (Birth through age 2), Early On Michigan. By June 15, Service Area data will be available to the public on the Michigan Department of Education's website www.mischooldata.org. A PDF of the data can also be downloaded here: MDE Early On Public Reports 2011-2012 .
Specific questions regarding the Early On or infant/toddler content of the Public Report should be addressed to Vanessa Winborne at MDE-SPP-Public-Reporting@michigan.govor (517) 335-4865.
If you have difficulty with the public reporting website, please use the following electronic helpline: CEPI@michigan.gov.
Early On Resources
Early On Michigan Organizations
- Center for Educational Networking
- Early On Michigan Major Grantees
- Early On Michigan Website
- Early On State Interagency Team
- Early On Training & Technical Assistance Website
- Michigan Alliance for Families
- Michigan Interagency Coordinating Council
- Project Find
Early On Policies
- Abbreviations (Acronyms) You May Need if You Have a Young Child with Special Needs
- Autism Materials for Families and Professionals
- Early OnGuidebooks
- Early On Michigan Glossary
- How to File a Complaint (also see Early On Family Rights, Part 4 of the Early On Guidebook above)
- Transition to Kindergarten Parent Guides
- FFY 2011 Annual Performance Report (submitted 2-15-13)
Revised State Performance Plan (submitted 2-15-13)
Michigan FFY 2010 Annual Performance Report (submitted 2/1/2012)
Corrected Michigan FFY 2010 Annual Performance Report (submitted 4/11/12)
Michigan State Performance Plan (submitted 2/12/2012)
Many procedural documents are also posted on the Early OnTraining and Technical Assistance website: http://eotta.ccresa.org.
- 2012-2013 Final Early On Formula Allocations
- 2011-2012 Early On Allocations & Tentative Early On FFY 2011 Funding Memo (7/1/2011-6/30/2012)
- 2010-2011 Early On Formula Allocations (updated 4/28/10)
- Early On Consent to Evaluate
- Early On Consultants and EOT&TA Specialist Assignments
- Early On Established Conditions List & Clarification on the Early On Established Conditions List and FAQ Regarding Established Conditions
- Early On Prior Written Notice and Consent for Screening
- Early On Service Area Plan
- How the Department Made Determinations
- Maintenance of Effort (MOE) Memo (5-3-12) and MOE Process
- Questions and Answers Regarding Data Collection for Young Children Under Three Year of Age
- Suggestions for Improving Family Outcomes
Staff (Click here for an Early On staff organizational chart )
Vanessa Winborne, Part C Coordinator
Laura Goldthwait, Consultant
Kelly Hurshe, Consultant
Colleen O'Connor, Consultant
Barb Schinderle, MICC Liaison
Cheryl Najm, Secretary