Of the $25 million State Services Fee assessed to the three Detroit casinos each year, $2 million is deposited into a Compulsive Gaming Prevention Fund, along with other financial contributions from the Michigan Lottery Bureau and Office of Racing Commissioner. In accordance with Michigan law ( Public Act 70 of 1997 ), the Michigan Department of Community Health determines how this Fund may be used.
To contact the Michigan Department of Community Health, Division of Substance Abuse and Gambling Services, call (517) 373-4700.
Disassociated Persons List
To help those with gambling problem, the Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB), with the assistance of Detroit's commercial casinos, have developed a list of Disassociated Persons, pursuant to Michigan law ( MCL 432.225 ). Participation in the Disassociated Persons program is completely voluntary - no one but the voluntary participant may be added to the list. Persons placed on the List voluntarily pledge to make a lifetime commitment to never visit a Detroit casino.
If You Have a Gambling Problem, You Can Request the Michigan Gaming Control Board to Permanently Ban You From the Licensed Detroit Casinos. Call 1-888-223-3044 for application information or click here.
Disassociated Persons List Statistics
To view the number of voluntary participants on the Disassociated Persons List, click here.
In addition to the MDCH website, you may find the following programs to be helpful. We provide this information not as an endorsement, but to help you decide which programs, if any, might be helpful for your particular needs.
- Gam-Anon - For family members and friends of the compulsive gambler.
- Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share experiences, strength and hope with each other.
- National Center for Responsible Gaming helps individuals and families by supporting research; encouraging the improvement of prevention, diagnostic, intervention and treatment strategies; and by enhancing public awareness.
- National Council on Problem Gambling , a non-profit health agency, disseminates information about problem/compulsive gambling, and promotes the development of services.
- Trimeridian, Inc.provides comprehensive research, diagnostic, treatment, prevention and education resources, for individuals, families and employers.