Upcoming W&M Serviceperson Examination Schedule
Due to limited space, persons wishing to participate in the examination process must submit a completed Serviceperson Registration Application and the appropriate Registration Form for the desired test date two weeks prior to testing.
The following tests are scheduled for each of the following sessions.
Categories Available for Examination:
- Tuesday, July 9; Wednesday, July 10, 2013
- Tuesday, August 6; Wednesday, August 7, 2013
- Tuesday, September 10; Wednesday, September 11, 2013
- Tuesday, October 8; Wednesday, October 9, 2013
- Tuesday, November 5; Wednesday, November 6, 2013
- Tuesday, December 3; Wednesday, December 4, 2013
- Agri. Chemical/Mass Flow Meters
- L.P. Gas Meters
- Retail Motor Fuel Dispensers
- Belt-Conveyor Scales
- Livestock Scales
- Medium Capacity Scales
- Multiple Dimension Measuring Device
- Vehicle Tank Meters (Other than LPG)
- NIST Handbook 44
- P.A. 283, MI Weights & Measures Law
- Retail Computing Scales
- Vehicle Scales
- Railway Track Scales
- Loading Rack Meters
- Mass Flow Meters
- High Flow Retail Meters
Examples of Voluntary Registration Exam Questions.
You must pre-register for the exams you wish to take.
E. C. Heffron Metrology Laboratory
940 Venture Lane
Williamston, Michigan 48895
- Complete and mail in the Serviceperson Registration Application (including either the $300 agency fee or $100 person fee or both if you are a single serviceperson agency).
- Pre-register for the examination using the Examination Registration Form.
- Copies of the handbook will be provided on-site. Pens or pencils will not be provided.
- Thoroughly review all applicable materials (including all Weights and Measures Advisories found on this website).
- Exam administrators are not permitted to discus questions, answers, or direct applicants in any manner.
- Review of Placed-in-Service guidelines
The exam will be graded immediately after being completed (80% or better answered correctly to pass). Only one retake will be allowed per fee submission.
A picture will be taken which will be transferred onto a personal wallet sized Michigan Serviceperson Identification Card
NOTE: It is strongly encouraged to review all information on the "Service Person Registration" and the applicable "Weights and Measures Advisories" on this website.
We appreciate your cooperation in voluntarily applying to become a Registered Serviceperson in the State of Michigan.