• Mosquito Control Mosquito control programs in response to the West Nile virus mosquito vector should be comprehensive and integrated, including public education, personnel protection, source reduction and appropriate intervention.
• WNV Mosquito Testing Results Tables of 2003-2013 mosquito testing results by Michigan State University, Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics.
• Concerns about Effects of Pesticides Links to information on adverse effects of pesticides.
• Information on Mosquito Repellents Using mosquito repellents containing DEET is remarkably safe when used according to the product label directions.
• Mosquito Surveillance Maps Maps and graphs of 2001-2013 mosquito testing results by Michigan State University, Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics.
• Homeowner Mosquito Control There are many steps you can take to eliminate mosquito breeding grounds around your home.
• Biological Mosquito Control There are predators that feed on mosquito larvae and adults but not to the extent that they will control the population.
• Pesticides and Mosquito Control Agencies conducting mosquito control should give highest priority to eliminating breeding sights and larviciding.
• Mosquito Control Policy on MDNR Owned Lands Control of mosquitoes on DNR owned lands will be allowed only when there is a documented human health emergency and a written permit has been issued by the Management Unit Supervisor.
• Information for Scrap Tire Owners Scrap tires can provide breeding habitat for mosquitoes. The Department of Environmental Quality regulates scrap tire sites to minimize potential mosquito breeding.
• Regulatory Requirements Links to regulations on mosquito control projects.
• Community Spray Programs Information, suggestions and legal requirements of conducting a community-wide mosquito spray program.