Forest Management Advisory Committee
• Forest Management Advisory Committee (FMAC) What is the FMAC?
The Forest Management Advisory Committee (FMAC) is a 19-member committee whose members were appointed by the Director of the Michigan Department of Natural Resources (DNR). The committee's role is to assist the DNR in balancing the environmental, social and economic issues surrounding forest management. The committee members range from timber producers to university representatives to environmental interests, and will assist the DNR with management problems, opportunities and challenges related to Michigan's state forests.
• Bylaws of the Forest Management Advisory Committee
• Right to Forest Act (Act 676 of 2002) - Generally Accepted Forest Management Practices The Michigan Right to Forest Act, 2002 PA 676, provides that a forest operation shall not be found to be a public nuisance if it conforms to Natural Resource Commission approved "generally accepted forestry management practices" (GAFMPs). In November 2006, based on recommendations from the Forest Management Advisory Committee, the Natural Resources Commission approved GAFMPs that apply to both public and private forest lands in Michigan. These GAFMPs will be reviewed annually by the Natural Resources Commission.
Meetings, Schedules & Agendas
• Open Meeting - Wednesday, May 15, 2013
• Please note:Individuals attending the meeting are requested to refrain from using heavily-scented personal care products, in order to enhance accessibility for everyone. Persons with disabilities needing accommodations for the Forest Management Advisory Committee meetings should call 517-373-1246 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org a minimum of five (5) business days before the meeting. Requests MADE LESS THAN FIVE (5) BUSINESS DAYS BEFORE THE MEETING
may not be accommodated.
• Public CommentA member of the public can ask to be placed on the agenda to provide comment on an issue for an upcoming FMAC meeting up to one week prior to the meeting by emailing email@example.com or by mailing the request to Bill O'Neil, Acting Chief, FRD Division, PO Box 30452, Lansing, MI 48909-7952. A member of the public may also provide comment on the day of the FMAC meeting by completing a public comment request card at the meeting.
• 2013 FMAC Meetings Schedule Contact: Kim Korbecki
• FMAC Agendas and Meeting Summaries
Meet the Committee