Two Ways to File
- File Online This online application allows you to file for unemployment benefits via the Internet. You will be asked for input to support your claim. The process could take up to 45 minutes depending on your connection speed and the accuracy of the your current information in our system.
- File By Telephone You can file for unemployment benefits by phone from anywhere in Michigan or North America. The state's unemployment insurance program has a special toll-free telephone number for filing a new claim or reopening an established claim: 1-866-500-0017, TTY 1-866-366-0004
Check Claim Status, Resolve Problems
- If you have filed a claim, you can check the status or resolve problems by touch tone phone.
Weekdays 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Using MARVIN to Inquire About Your Claim
- Problem Resolution Offices - Need Help? The UIA's permanent and temporary Problem Resolution Offices (PROs) resolve customer problems and provide access to automated resources. PROs provide telephones and computers for customers who may not have access to a computer or telephone to file their claim. They also provide in-person help for problems with claims. PROs are open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Eastern time weekdays, except state holidays.