close print view
Who is MARVIN?
The staff of the Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA) would like to introduce MARVIN
got his name from the acronym for the M
etwork, a system that allows you to communicate with the UIA's computer by using a touch-tone or a push-button telephone with a tone/pulse switch (the switch must be set at "Tone"). Rotary or pulse telephones cannot interact with MARVIN
uses digitized human speech to provide you with step-by-step instructions and information regarding your claim.
In his short time here, MARVIN, as he is affectionately called by the staff and customers of the UIA, has become a household name in Michigan. MARVIN has been quickly accepted by both the staff and customers of the UIA as a friendly, fast, and efficient means for the UIA to deliver services.
Why is MARVIN
such a valued member of the UIA's team? In a recent appraisal, MARVIN's
performance was described in glowing terms:
- MARVIN works 11 hours a day, Monday through Friday.
- MARVIN frees our staff to provide other services.
- MARVIN works every holiday.
- MARVIN can handle more than 800 phone calls at the same time.
- MARVIN gives fast, accurate and timely information.
- If needed information is not available to him, MARVIN refers you to someone who can help.
To Use MARVIN
To use MARVIN all you need is:
access to a touch-tone or tone/pulse telephone
your Social Security Number
your Personal Identification Number (PIN)
MARVIN allows you to:
Using MARVIN to phone-in your continued weeks of unemployment is mandatory. Contact UIA at 1-866-500-0017 if for some reason you are unable to use MARVIN, or if:
- you are in a training program approved by UIA
- you are claiming a flexible week
- you are self-employed and submitting a profit and loss statement
- you are not able to use MARVIN, for whatever reason.
More MARVIN Information