Skip Navigation
Michigan, Official Portal for the State of Michigan Home
close print view
  Individual Income Tax
How do I change my address with the Department of Treasury?

To change your address, use the Check My Income Tax Info site.

For privacy and security reasons you will be asked for your social security number, name, tax year, adjusted gross income or total household resources/household income and filing status.

To change your address on this Website:
  1. Select the option 'Change My Address'
  2. To verify your identity, log in using the filer's social security number and name, then choose the link 'Change My Address'.
  3. You will be asked to enter the tax year, your adjusted gross income/total household resources/ household income and filing status. Follow the directions given on the next page to request an address change

To change your address by mail, please send the information to:

Michigan Department of Treasury
Customer Contact
P.O. Box 30058
Lansing, MI 48909

Include your name, social security number, old address, new address and daytime phone number.

Michigan Business One Stop
Link to Department and Agencies Web Site Index
Link to Statewide Online Services Index
Link to Statewide Web-based Surveys
Link to RSS feeds available on this site
FAQ Categories
 •  Index of Tax FAQ's
 •  Individual Income Tax
 •  Business Taxes
 •  1099-MISC Filing Requirements
 •  Collections/Delinquent Accounts
 •  Tax Increment Financing
 •  Service Fee/PILOT Housing
 •  State Real Estate Transfer Tax
 •  Native American
 •  Michigan Business Tax
 •  Status of Individual Refund
 •  Health Insurance Claims Assessment (HICA) Act
 •  Energy Home Improvement Credit
 •  Corporate Income Tax
QR code Home
PoliciesMichigan Survey

Copyright © 2014 State of Michigan