Skip Navigation
Michigan, Official Portal for the State of Michigan Home
close print view
  Individual Income Tax
What should I do if the account number on my return is incorrect?

No changes can be made to your account number once your return has been received.

  • If it is a valid account number your financial institution may catch the error and deposit it into your account.
  • If the deposit goes into a valid account number as indicated on your return, but it is not your account, it is a matter for you and your financial institution to resolve.
  • If your account number is incorrect and the financial institution has returned the deposit, a check will be mailed within 45 days to the address on record.

Michigan Business One Stop
Link to Department and Agencies Web Site Index
Link to Statewide Online Services Index
Link to Statewide Web-based Surveys
Link to RSS feeds available on this site
FAQ Categories
 •  Index of Tax FAQ's
 •  Individual Income Tax
 •  Business Taxes
 •  1099-MISC Filing Requirements
 •  Collections/Delinquent Accounts
 •  Tax Increment Financing
 •  Service Fee/PILOT Housing
 •  State Real Estate Transfer Tax
 •  Native American
 •  Michigan Business Tax
 •  Status of Individual Refund
 •  Health Insurance Claims Assessment (HICA) Act
 •  Energy Home Improvement Credit
 •  Corporate Income Tax
QR code Home
PoliciesMichigan Survey

Copyright © 2014 State of Michigan