What is the Michigan Accounts Receivable Collection System (MARCS) and why do I have to deal with them?

MARCS is a Treasury program operated by a privately owned collection agency that has contracted with the State of Michigan to collect debts on behalf of the Department of Treasury. They may be reached by phone at 1-800-950-6227. Their fax number is 517-272-5562.

Operating hours are:
Monday – Thursday8:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Friday8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday8:00 AM – noon