Skip Navigation
Michigan Business, official portal for the State of Michigan Home
  • One Stop Home
  • Contact Us
  • Site Map
  • close print view

    Vendor And Peddler

    Agency: Agriculture and Rural Development

    Required State License(s):

    A sales tax license is required for sales of most products. You may call the Michigan Department of Treasury at (517) 636-4660.  

    Personalized sales tax returns and a payment schedule will be mailed within four to six weeks after the registration has been processed. For further information about this process, please call the Michigan Department of Treasury at (517) 636-4730.  

    When a business is engaged in processing, packing, repacking, canning, preserving, freezing, fabricating, storing, selling or offering for sale any food item, the business should be licensed as a food establishment. Contact the Department of Agriculture; (517) 373-1060. Also check with the Food Division about Labeling Laws.  

    Other Possible License(s):  

    When food products are prepared on the premises, a Food Service license should be obtained from your local health department.  

    Depending on the type of food processed, federal license, certification or inspection may be required. Contact USDA Food Safety and Inspection Division; (608) 240-4080.  

    Further Information:  

    Peddler's licenses are issued by many counties. Contact your County Clerk's office for information.  

    Revised:  5/2005 mc

    Related Content
     •  Vendor of Spirits License
     •  Vehicle Wholesaler License
     •  Vehicle Salvage Pool License
     •  Vehicle Broker License
     •  Vehicle Scrap Metal Processor License
     •  Vocational Schools
     •  Veterinarian & Veterinary Technician
     •  Vending Machine
     •  Video Tapes, Sales/Rental
    QR code Home
  • State Web Sites
  • Site Map

  • Privacy Policy
  • Link Policy
  • Accessibility Policy
  • Security Policy
  • Michigan Survey

    Copyright © 2001-2014 State of Michigan