close print view
Board of State Canvassers meeting scheduled for Thursday, May 27
- - NOTICE - -
YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT THE BOARD OF STATE CANVASSERS WILL CONDUCT A HEARING ON THURSDAY, MAY 27, 2004 AT 9:45 A.M. IN ROOM 517 OF THE HOUSE OFFICE BUILDING, SOUTH TOWER, 124 NORTH CAPITOL AVENUE, LANSING, MICHIGAN.
Included on the Agenda will be:
- Notice of meeting and affidavit of posting.
- Consideration of initiative petition submitted for approval as to form by Alliance For Fair Casino Taxes, P.O. Box 12209, Lansing, MI 48901-2209. (Proposal would increase taxes paid by casinos and increase funding of public education.) - THIS ITEM WITHDRAWN FROM AGENDA -
- Consideration of initiative petition filed by Standing Together To Oppose Partial-birth-abortion, P.O. Box 901, Grand Rapids, MI 49509-0901.
- Report on review of nominating petitions filed with the Secretary of State for the August 3, 2004 primary.
- Consideration of challenges filed against nominating petitions submitted by candidates for the August 3, 2004 primary:
- Rebecca Breitkreuz Sanford, candidate for Circuit Court Judge, Circuit 2, Regular Term-Non-Incumbent Position.
- Daniel M. Jaworski, candidate for Circuit Court Judge, Circuit 7, New Judgeship.
- Larry Owen, candidate for Circuit Court Judge, Circuit 30, Regular Term-Non-Incumbent Position.
- Richard H. Winslow, candidate for Circuit Court Judge, Circuit 48, Regular Term-Incumbent Position.
- Ada Montgomery, candidate for District Court Judge, District 30, Regular Term-Incumbent Position.
- Certification of candidates for the August 3, 2004 primary ballot.
- Consideration of instructions for distinguishing between "stray marks" and valid votes cast on optical scan ballots. (MCL 168.799a(3) as amended under PA 92 of 2004 requires the Secretary of State to issue such instructions "subject to the approval of the Board of State Canvassers.")
- Such other and further business as may be properly presented to the Board.
Christopher M. Thomas, Secretary
Board of State Canvassers
A person may address the Board on any agenda item at the end of the meeting. A person who wishes to address the Board on an agenda item at the time the item is being discussed must submit a written request to the Chairperson of the Board prior to the opening of the meeting. Persons addressing the Board are allotted three minutes.
Related Images> Board of State Canvassers - 1965 bytes> Board of State Canvassers - 1965 bytes