Certificate of Authority
The Office of the Great Seal is authorized on behalf of the State of Michigan
to certify and issue Certificates of Authority for:
- Michigan Notary Public notarized documents. Documents must be complete
and contain original signatures.
- Vital Records (Birth, Marriage, Death, or Divorce) - Certified copies
from one of the following:
- A Michigan County Clerk (check the government section of telephone
directory for number)
- The Michigan State Registrar (517) 335-8666
- City Clerks in the counties of Wayne, Macomb and Oakland only
- Certified Copies of Articles of Incorporation issued from the Michigan
Department of Labor and Economic Growth.