How to Become a Motorcycle Training Instructor (RiderCoach)
If you are an experienced rider with good riding and communication skills, you may qualify to become a Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) certified RiderCoach. Becoming a MSF RiderCoach is a great way to improve your own abilities while helping others to learn or enhance their riding skills.
To become a MSF certified RiderCoach you must, at a minimum:
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Have a valid driver's license with a motorcycle (CY) endorsement.
- Have no more than six points on your driving record for moving violations during the 12 months before applying for approval as a RiderCoach.
- Be sponsored by a Michigan Department of State approved public or private organization that offers rider safety training courses.
- Successfully complete a RiderCoach Preparation Course.