Owning a Vehicle
- Michigan State Parks Recreation Passport The Recreation Passport is your $11 ticket to Michigan's state parks and outdoor adventures! Check "YES" when you renew your license plate. Where can $11 take you?
- Where on my new plate does the registration tab go? Where on my new plate does the registration tab go?
- Title Histories Vehicle title and registration histories can be purchased through the Record Lookup Unit for $8.00 per record.
- Fees for License Plates, Registrations and Titles Following is a summary of commonly requested information regarding vehicle plate, registration and title fees.
- Renewing Your License Plate Vehicle owners have 4 convenient methods of renewing: online, mail, self-service stations, and Secretary of State offices.
- Titling and Registering a Vehicle How to title and register a vehicle purchased from an individual, a dealership, or a family member.
- Michigan Auto Lost & Found The Abandoned Vehicle Law streamlines the procedures for identifying and processing impounded and abandoned vehicles
- Abandoned Mobile Homes How to title a mobile home abandoned in a mobile home park.
Learn about: Title and registration requirements; special titles; name changes; address changes; license plate fees; insurance requirements; new Michigan residents; lost titles; lost license plates; and deceased vehicle owners.
Learn about: Standard license plates, fundraising plates, disability placards, personalized plates, veteran and military plates, and other special license plates.
Learn about: Buying a vehicle from an individual or dealer; leasing options; buying a vehicle from a relative; Michigan's Auto Lemon Law; and your rights as a buyer.
Learn about: The responsibilities of an individual who is selling a vehicle, and how to replace a lost title.
Learn about: Locating a licensed repair facilities; vehicle restoration; collision repairs; and your legal rights in regard to vehicle repair.
Learn about: Disability parking and placard information, handicap parking, handicap plate, disabled parking permit, and wheelchair.
Learn about: Recreational vehicles such as snowmobiles, watercraft, ORVs, and trailers.