Skip Navigation
Email this Page
Share this Link on Facebook
Tweet this page on Twitter!
The mileage on my title is incorrect, how do I get it corrected?

The mileage on a title may be corrected by obtaining an amended odometer statement from the seller who incorrectly reported the mileage in the first place. A corrected title application can then be processed at any Secretary of State branch office. If the Department of State made the error, the title and a certification of what the error is can be taken to any Secretary of State branch office. The branch will mail in the title with the certification for correction.

Back to Vehicle Titles FAQ
Additional Vehicle Title Related Information



If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner or send us an e-mail and we will help you get the information you need.

Copyright © 2014 State of Michigan