Skip Navigation
  • SOS Home
  • Site Map
  • FAQs
  • Online Services
  • Forms
  • Contact SOS
  • close print view
    Where can I go to get a fingerprint check completed?

    You may have your fingerprints collected at any TSA approved fingerprint office location in any TSA agent state.  Please find the locations listed at:

    You should preregister with TSA before visiting the TSA approved fingerprint office.

    If you pre-registered but did not pay the required fingerprint fee of $86.50 you will be required to pay the fee at the *in-person enrollment before you are fingerprinted. You may pay with a credit card or money order, company check, or certified/cashier's check payable to MorphoTrust USA.  Enrollment centers accept Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express, and Discover credit cards. Cash and personal checks are NOT accepted.

    *In-person enrollment is completed at the fingerprint location where you will provide Transportation Security Administration (TSA) acceptable enrollment documents found at: provide your fingerprints.  Preregistering significantly reduces the amount of time you will spend at the fingerprint office.

    Michigan's TSA Fingerprint Offices Are Closed On Federal Holidays. 

    Please check for additional business day closures around the holidays at:

     Inclement weather conditions in MI may cause a TSA fingerprint office location to close; please call the
    *UES call center's toll-free number 855-DHS-UES1 (855-347-8371) or check the Universal Enrollment Services (UES) site at: for office closure announcements. 

    TSA Results:  If you have not received a letter from TSA two weeks after you have been fingerprinted, please call the *UES call center's toll-free number 855-DHS-UES1 (855-347-8371) to inquire about the status of your background record check results.

    *The UES' call center hours of operation are from 8:00am to 10pm Eastern, Monday through Friday.

    > Back to Commercial Driver's License FAQ
    > Additional Commercial Driver's License Related Information

    If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner or send us an e-mail and we will help you get the information you need.


    FAQ Categories
     •  Index of SOS FAQs
     •  About the Secretary of State
     •  Automotive-related Businesses
     •  Branch Offices
     •  Campaign Finance & Lobby Disclosure
     •  Contact Information
     •  Great Seal/Authentications
     •  Driving
     •  Elections & Voting
     •  Fees
     •  New Michigan Residents
     •  Notary Public
     •  Online Services
     •  Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
     •  Organ Donation
     •  Services to the Disability Community
     •  Vehicles
     •  Svcs. Provided by Other Govt. Agencies
     •  Electronic Insurance Reporting FAQ
    QR code Home
  • SOS Home
  • FAQ
  • Online Services
  • Forms
  • Contact SOS
  • Office of Regulatory Reinvention
  • State Web Sites
  • Spending & Accountability

  • Privacy Policy
  • Link Policy
  • Accessibility Policy
  • Security Policy
  • Michigan Survey

    Copyright © 2001-2014 State of Michigan