Governor's Construction Safety and Health Forum to be Held March 6th at Schoolcraft College
March 1, 2006 - Media representatives are invited to attend the Governor's Construction Safety and Health Forum on March 6th, at the VisTaTech Center on the campus of Schoolcraft College.
The construction industry is one of the most hazardous industries in Michigan. Only about four percent of Michigan's workforce is employed in construction-however, construction fatalities account for nearly 50 percent of all fatal workplace accidents.
Michigan construction leaders will explain how protecting workers can enhance a company's bottom line and play a vital role in building a stronger Michigan!
- Robert W. Swanson, Acting Director, Michigan Department of Labor & Economic Growth;
- Odell Jones III, President & CEO, Jomar Building Company;
- Patrick Devlin, Secretary-Treasurer, MI State Building & Construction Trades Council;
- John Doherty, President & CEO, Associated Builders & Contractor, West Michigan Chapter;
- Douglas J. Kalinowski, Director, MIOSHA Program;
- Henry L. Green, Director, Bureau of Construction Codes and Fire Safety;
- Doug Roggenbaum, Regional Vice President, Amerisure Insurance Companies
- Charles Clark, President, Clark Construction Company;
- Jay H. Smith, Senior Vice President, Christman Construction Company;
- Dennis Jones, Safety & Health Director, Walbridge Aldinger Company.
EVENT: Governor's Construction Safety and Health Forum
DATE: Monday, March 6, 2006
TIME: 9:15 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
LOCATION: VisTaTech Center, Schoolcraft College
18600 Haggerty Rd., Livonia 48152
Click here to view a copy of the Agenda.