- Recreation PassportWhen you renew your license plate registration, you'll experience state parks, recreation areas, state forest campgrounds, non-motorized trails, boat launches and hundreds of shopping discounts. You'll also support historic and cultural sites in state parks grants for neighborhood parks.
- Subscribe to Recreation "How To" (Instructional Programs) updates from Michigan DNR
- TrailsWe have our everyday roads that take us to the places we have to be. But when we take a trail, we know we're headed for someplace extraordinary. The trails of Michigan are waiting to take us away. Away to the towering forests. Away to the quiet valleys. Away to the Great Lakes. We can get back to nature along hiking trails and biking trails time hasn't touched. We can mount up and ride along rivers and atop rolling hills. We can take it off-road and take on the terrain. And when the snow falls, we can glide along miles of scenic trails covered in a soft blanket of white. Whatever trail our soul is looking for, Michigan is sure to deliver. So let's pack up and take on the trails of Pure Michigan.
- CampgroundsLet's go camping in Michigan and discover just how great the great outdoors can be. With more than a thousand Michigan campgrounds statewide, Michigan camping offers something for everyone - camp along rivers, lakes, sand dunes and beaches, near the Great Lakes, in state parks and national forests. Enjoy Michigan camping in tents, RVs, cabins, or sleeping under the stars. Because camping in the great outdoors is Pure Michigan.
- PaddlesportsKayaking solo. River-rafting with our friends. In a romantic canoe for two. In the State of Michigan we're never more than six miles from an inland lake or river, and always within a quick drive of one of the four Great Lakes. Kayaking and canoeing in Michigan allow us to explore our surroundings. So let's pack up our gear and go. Because nothing is more cleansing than canoeing or kayaking the waters of Pure Michigan.
- Bicycling in MichiganLet's go for a ride in the state of Michigan. Let's pedal our way along the water. Let's twist our way through mountain single track. Coast through scenic beach towns while cycling in Michigan. Feast our eyes on sandstone cliffs and untouched wilderness in the National Forests of the Upper Peninsula. Let's go touring on more than 1,300 miles of bike trails of Pure Michigan.
- FishingMichigan fishing is all about our passion for fresh air, biting fish and enjoying a few good laughs with our friends. With four Great Lakes, 11,000 inland lakes and hundreds of rivers and streams, there's no end to the places to cast your line during your Pure Michigan fishing experience. With trout, walleyes, salmon, perch, bass ready to bite, Michigan is home to the best catches a fishing trip can offer.
- Pure Michigan FITness SeriesThe Pure Michigan FITness Series incudes physical activity events throughout Michigan that are accessible to all Michigan residents.