- Our office will be closed on the following dates:
- November 11 - Veterans Day
- November 26 & 27 - Thanksgiving
- December 24 - Christmas Eve
- December 25 - Christmas Day
- December 31 - New Year's Eve
- January 1 - New Year's Day
State office closings for holidays are regulated by the Michigan Department of Civil Service Regulation 5.08. Public Act 124 of 1865 is the Michigan law governing official state holidays.
Published December 8, 2014
- The U. S. Supreme Court ruling of June 26, 2015 recognizes the marriages of same-sex couples. If you have been recently married, or will be getting married, as a result of this ruling—or if you were previously legally married in a state that recognized same-sex marriage—ORS can help answer questions about your pension and insurance benefits. The easiest way to contact us is to log in to miAccount and send a secure message using the miAccount Message Board. Please be as specific as you can. We’ll research your account and get back with you with answers to your questions and suggestions as to what you need to do next.
Published July 2, 2015
- The U. S. Supreme Court decision announced on Friday June 26, 2015 officially recognized same-sex marriages in all 50 states. We are working with the Michigan Attorney General's office and will post more specific information very soon.
Published June 26, 2015
The new and redesigned March 2015 issue of Connections, our semiannual retiree newsletter is now available. We found a way to give you a more readable and colorful Connections at a lower cost! Articles in this issue include:
- System Financials
- Director’s Message
- Ask the Expert
- Address Updates in miAccount are Easy
While you’re at it, you may also want to view the new Connections video.
Published March 26, 2015
- Welcome to the new look of the State Police Retirement System website and miAccount! This update is only one of many we'll be making over the next year to make our site more accessible and easier to use.
Published May 5, 2014