close print view
Homicide Investigation Training
This training is designed for detectives in the field. Training includes a practical exercise in which attendees will team up, develop leads, and seek warrants for a suspect. This program is sponsored by the Michigan State University School of Criminal Justice and the Michigan State Police, Special Investigation Divisions, and coordinated by the Michigan State Police, Training Division.
Class size is limited. Students should bring their own homicide kits, if available. Suggested items are:
- Sketch Pad
- Swab Kit
- 35mm Camera and film or digital
- Latent Print Kit
- Blood Collection Kit
- Tape measurer
- Casting Kits
- Tool Kit
Topics of instruction include:
- Diagnostic/scientific aids available from the Forensic Lab
- Techniques/methods of forensic anthropology that aid the
- Special presentations on bite marks and forensic entomology
- Homicide scene description, sketching and photography
- Rules of evidence collection
- Medicolegal autopsy
- Investigation of a mock crime scene
Sponsored by the Michigan State Police and Michigan State University.
Instruction provided by Michigan State Police, MSU Personnel, and experts from the Forensic Science field.
Cancellations received less than seven days prior to the training will be charged the full fee.
MCOLES approved for use of 302 Funds.