Planning and Designing Self-Service Renewable Energy Systems
Learn about planning and designing small-scale renewable energy systems from the following resources:
- Center for Energy Efficiency And Renewable Technologies (CEERT).
- Chelsea Green Publishing Company.
http://www.chelseagreen.com/bookstore, for books about Green Building, Renewable Energy, Sustainable Living, and more.
- Energy Efficient Building Association (EEBA).
- Environmental Building News.
- Home Energy Saver, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
- Island Press.
http://www.islandpress.com, for books about Architecture and Sustainable Design, Green Living, and more.
- Michigan Libraries. Your local library may have a wealth of resources to help you with your energy efficiency and renewable energy plans and designs. You can use the Michigan e-Library to search library card catalogs all over the state, and more. Your librarian can assist you in learning how to use the MEL system.
- Michigan Energy Demonstration Centers. There are already centers in Ann Arbor, Detroit, Dimondale, East Lansing, Grand Rapids, Oxford, and Traverse City.
- Michigan Energy Office "Related Links" Web page.
- New Society Publishers.
http://www.newsociety.com, for books about Ecological Design, Natural and Green Building, Renewable Energy, Sustainable Living, and more.
- Pierce Cedar Creek Institute ecological education center, located south of Hastings, approximately one hour from Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, and Lansing.
- Rocky Mountain Institute.
- U.S. Department of Energy, Efficiency and Renewable Energy Network.
- U.S. Green Building Council.