• Programs and Protections for Senior Citizens
Provides information about programs available to protect and assist seniors (age 65 or older)
• Rural Call Completion
Rural telephone companies across the country, including many in Michigan, have been experiencing call completion issues as a result of least cost routing.
• Is Broadband Available? Find out with Connect Michigan.
A broadband connection allows you to take full advantage of the many benefits of high speed Internet access. While the Michigan Public Service Commission does not regulate broadband service, it does support increased broadband availability and adoption.
• Tips For Terminating Or Changing Utility Service
Outlines precautionary steps to take when changing or terminating utility service.
• Protect Your Privacy And Prevent Utility Service Fraud
Provides information on how to prevent utility service fraud and identifies steps to take if you are a victim.
• Help With Utility Problems is Available by Calling the MPSC's Toll-Free Number!
Identifies special Michigan Public Service Commission toll-free numbers that consumers can use to receive help with natural gas, electric and telephone service problems and inoperative payphones.
• Utility Bills And Your Credit Report
Describes credit reporting as it applies to utility bills, and provides information and resources available to help maintain good utility credit.
• Report Telephone and Electric Cable Theft
Describes the growing problem of utility cable theft in Michigan.
• Lifeline Program
Outlines eligibility requirements and benefits of program to assist low-income customers with telephone expenses.
• Are Those Away-From-Home Telephone Charges Costing Too Much?
Describes how to avoid high long distance charges when calling from public telephones or payphones located in hotels, motels, hospitals, gasoline stations, convenience stores, etc.
• Casual Calling Rates
Describes what casual calling rates are and presents ways to avoid being charged at these high long distance telephone rates.
• Cutting Telephone Costs
Provides ways to reduce the cost of residential telephone service.
• Reduce Telemarketing Calls - The "Do Not Call" List
Describes the 'Do Not Call' List and how Michigan consumers can sign up by phone or online.
• Know Your Telephone Services And Costs!
Encourages telephone customers to review the itemized charges on their monthly bill, and to know what services they are being charged for.
• Know Your Local Telephone Calling Area
Discusses the importance of knowing your local calling area in order to avoid unexpected long distance telephone charges.
• The Michigan Relay Center
Describes the Michigan Relay Center -- a special telephone service that enables people who are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired to communicate with anyone.
• Don't Get Stuck With The Bill!
Describes "cramming" -- the telephone billing practice of adding charges to customers' bills without their knowledge or consent. Outlines steps consumers can take to avoid cramming.
• 911 Telephone Emergency Access
Outlines 911 emergency dialing procedures from home or a business.
• The Formal Telephone Complaint
Outlines steps to take to pursue a formal telephone complaint with the Commission.