Basic Financial Literacy
• Debt.org Debt.org is America's Debt Help Organization, serving the public with thorough and accessible information on financial well-being. We strive to help people in all stages of life, from college, through buying or selling a home, and into retirement. Whether an individual wants to plan for the future, get out of debt or stay out of debt, we can help. Our goal is to serve as the only debt and financial resource you need. All members of our team are Debt Specialists and Credit Counseling Specialists, certified by the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators. This ensures that readers receive thorough and accurate information.
• FDIC Money Smart Money Smart is a comprehensive financial education curriculum designed to help individuals outside the financial mainstream develop financial skills and positive banking relationships.
• Hands on Banking This program has been developed by Wells Fargo to teach basic banking skills on topics such as borrowing money, planning a financial future, starting a business, and investing basics. Materials are provided in English and Spanish.
• 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy Managing your finances is a lifelong journey. The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants with support from the MACPA presents 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy. This web site offers loads of information in the form of articles, FAQs and tools to help you make financial decisions at every stage of your life.
• My Money MyMoney.gov is the U.S. government's website dedicated to teaching all Americans the basics about financial education. Whether you are planning to buy a home, balancing your checkbook, or investing in your 401k, the resources on MyMoney.gov can help you do it better. Throughout the site, you will find important information from 20 federal agencies government-wide.
Financial Resources Database
While you have several tools to assist you in loan repayment including loan deferment and forbearance, several repayment options,
and loan consolidation, having a strong understanding of basic financial skills will go a long way in ensuring that you have a
lifetime of success including successfully satisfying your student loan obligations.
This database-driven website will allow you to search by a financial topic.
Based on your chosen criteria, the database will provide you with links to research, activities, games, exercises,
and other useful financial resources that you may want to implement in your life.