• DisasterHero.com Prepare your students and community to handle any emergency situation with DisasterHero.com, an Internet-based interactive game for children (grades 1-8), families, and educators.
• Emergency Response Planning for Child Care Providers This guide from Maryland's Montgomery County aims to provide child care providers with the knowledge and tools to establish an "all hazard" emergency response plan for their individual child care program.
• Disaster Mental Health and Children
• Federal Disaster Assistance
• Disease and Illness Information for Kids The American Museum of Natural History hope this family magazine will help students, families and teachers understand what causes infectious disease and what they can do to help prevent it.
• Practical Information on Crisis Planning Children and youth rely on and find great comfort in the adults who protect them. Teachers and staff must know how to help their students through a crisis and return them home safely. Knowing what to do when faced with a crisis can be the difference between calm and chaos, between courage and fear, between life and death.
• Family Readiness Kit The Family Readiness Kit, deveopled by the American Academy of Pediatrics, includes materials which reflect the needs of most families. This kit is for parents to use at home to help prepare for most kinds of disasters.