The Michigan Gaming Control Board consists of three divisions:
- Administration & Indian Gaming Division
- Gaming & Horse Racing Regulation Division
- Licensing & Regulation Division
MGCB is supported by the Attorney General's Office - Alcohol and Gambling Enforcement Division, the Michigan State Police Gaming Section, and the Department of Technology, Management and Budget.
The Administration & Indian Gaming Division consists of four sections:
- Detroit Administrative Services Section: This section is responsible for the Disassociated Persons program (DPL), maintaining the Detroit MGCB offices, maintaining MGCB records, releasing information upon request through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), and is the central reception area for all of MGCB.
- Financial Services Section: This section is responsible for all budget, accounting, purchasing, travel and human resource functions for MGCB.
- Native American Casino Gaming - Audit Section: This section is responsible for performing audits on the tribal casinos.
- Public Affairs Section: This section is responsible for media relations.
The Gaming & Horse Racing Regulation Division consists of four sections:
- Audit Section: This section is compiled of the Historical Audit staff and Casino Operations staff. The Casino Operations staff reviews submissions from the Detroit casino (daily taxes and monthly taxes). The Historical Audit staff is responsible for performing audits in various sections of the Detroit casinos.
- Enforcement Section: This section is responsible for ensuring regulation and compliance within the Detroit casinos.
- Gaming Laboratory Section: This section is responsible for the review and approval of software in the Detroit casinos. Tribal casinos must follow the compacts; therefore, approvals not needed by the Gaming Laboratory. This section also reviews and makes recommendations on the Internal Control Standards for the Detroit casinos.
- Horse Racing Section: This section is responsible for the licensing and regulation of the race tracks located within Michigan.
The Licensing & Regulation Division consists of four sections:
- Employee Licensing Section: This section is responsible for the review, investigation and recommendation of applicants wishing to obtain an Occupational License to work in the Detroit casinos.
- Enterprise Licensing Section: This section is responsible for the intake of casino, supplier, vendor exemptions; the financial investigation of casino, supplier and vendor applications. This section works in conjunction with the Investigations Section.
- Investigations (Licensing) Section: This section is responsible for performing investigations of millionaire party events and locations, suppliers, vendors, and the casino licensees wishing to obtain licensure with MGCB.
- Criminal Investigations Section: This section acts as a resource providing investigative expertise to Board staff as well as federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies.
"The Michigan Gaming Control Board shall ensure the conduct of fair and honest gaming to protect the interests of the citizens of the State of Michigan."