• MDOT's Authorization PositionThe position papers developed by MDOT can be used as a guide as federal transportation policy is framed. This information is relevant to the on-going debate over the content of the next surface transportation authorization.
• State Long-Range Plan (SLRP)MI Transportation Plan, also known as the State Long-Range Plan, is a 25-year plan for transforming Michigan's transportation system. Now includes the Michigan Freight Plan.
• Five-Year ProgramThe Michigan Department of Transportation
(MDOT) FY 2013-2017 Transportation Program is
an integrated multi-modal program that continues
to implement the goals and policies outlined
by the State Transportation Commission (STC),
emphasizing preservation of the transportation
system and providing safe mobility to Michigan's
• State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP)Michigan's State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP) provides information regarding the programs and projects to which state and local transportation agencies have committed over the next four years and verifies that new resources available for transportation are sufficient to finance those improvements.
• Michigan State Rail PlanA comprehensive plan for developing state policy for freight and passenger rail transportation, including commuter rail operations.
• Michigan Transit Strategic Plan 2000-2020 (Large File)One important aspect of the strategic planning process is recognizing that transit is part of a larger transportation system. Success in implementing the initiatives included in this plan will be based on the transit community's ability to recognize how transit fits into the overall scheme of integrating mobility choices into an overall transportation system.