US-23 and US-223 Road and Interchange Improvements, Monroe County
|Start: Fall 2012 End: Fall 2013
|What we are doing:
MDOT will reconstruct northbound US-23 between Sterns Road and the US-223 interchange, along with interchange improvements and repairs to the Dundee Welcome Center.
- Roundabouts will be added at the US-23/US-223 interchange to increase safety and improve traffic flow.
- Work will take place in stages over two years.
View Project flyer
Northbound Roundabout Movements Map
Southbound Roundabout Movements Map
Sign up for e-mail alerts from MDOT
|How traffic is affected:
- Work will take place in the median along US-23 with shoulder closures and off-peak lane closures.
- For work taking place on the Sterns Road interchange, traffic will be detoured using the Consear Road interchange and vice versa.
- The Dundee Welcome Center will be open to passenger cars but will be closed to commercial truck traffic. Truck drivers will be directed to use truck stops along US-23 during construction.
- Northbound US-23 will be reconstructed between Sterns Road and the US-223 interchange.
- US-23 will have one lane open in each direction with traffic maintained on the southbound side of US-23.
- During interchange construction, traffic will be detoured using US-23.
- On US-223, construction will take place in stages with westbound traffic maintained at all times. Eastbound traffic will be detoured south to the Consear Road exit and back to the US-223 interchange with a temporary signal allowing motorists to turn east.
- The eastbound detour will remain in place until the northbound off ramp is closed for approximately 30 days for reconstruction.
- During this ramp closure, northbound US-23 traffic will be detoured north to the Summerfield Road interchange, then south to the US-223 interchange.
Contact us: Brighton Transportation Service Center, 810-227-4681
For up-to-date information on this project, visit: www.michigan.gov/drive and www.twitter.com/mdot_metrodet, or www.twitter.com/MDOT_A2.