- About the Program Adopt-A-Highway is a Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) program designed to help keep the state's highway roadsides clean and attractive. Participants adopt both sides of a section of state highway roadside to clean up over a two-year period. A minimum two-mile stretch of roadway is recommended.
For general information or media inquiries about AAH, please contact:
MDOT Office of Communications
906-485-6322 ext. 136
- Thank you, Adopt-A-Highway volunteers...
… for cleaning up Michigan’s roadsides. The 2015 pickup dates are:
Spring - Bay, Grand, Metro, Southwest, and University Regions: April 11th - 19th
North and Superior Regions: April 25th - May 3rd
Summer - July 11th - 19th
Fall - September 26th - October 4th
- Join the Adopt-A-Highway Program
Please check with your
AAH Coordinator about location availability prior to sending in your application, and to determine where to send the application.
- Complete an Adopt-A-Highway application form.
- Keep one copy for yourself.
- Get your group posted to our photo albumIf you have a photo your group would like to appear in our annual newsletter on online photo album, please email it as a jpg (no larger than 640x480 pixels) to MDOT-AdoptAHighway@michigan.gov. In your email, please include your group's name, when the photo was taken, the name of the highway you clean up, the county the highway is located in, and the number of years your group has been in the AAH program.