- Mercury and Your Health Mercury gives off an invisible vapor that can be harmful to your health, but it's especially harmful to the health of children and unborn babies. Click the link above to learn more about the health effects of mercury and how to keep you and your family healthy and safe. Have questions? Call 1-800-648-6942.
- Mercury Spills in Homes If you break something that contains mercury, it is important that you contact your health department right away. If spilled mercury is not cleaned up the right way, it can continue to give off an invisible vapor for a long time. This vapor is bad for anyone to be around, but it is especially harmful to the health of young children and unborn babies. Click the link above to learn what you should do when a mercury spill happens at your home.
- Information for Responders
Health departments, healthcare providers, fire departments and other agencies are often called upon during a mercury spill. Check here to find useful response guidance.
- Information for Schools, Businesses and Healthcare Check here to to find useful tools to help manage a mercury spill at a school or business.
- More on Mercury Looking for more information? This link has videos about mercury, information about finding safe fish to eat, as well as links to other mercury educational resources.