Adult Benefits Waiver
On April 1, 2014, the Adult Benefits Waiver, also known as Adult Medical Program or AMP, has changed to the Healthy Michigan Plan. The department has notified Adult Benefits Waiver beneficiaries of this change, with instructions on choosing a health plan (if applicable). More information about the Healthy Michigan Plan can be found at www.healthymichiganplan.org.
The Adult Benefits Waiver provides basic health insurance coverage to residents of the State of Michigan with countable incomes at or below 35% of the federal poverty level.
The coverage is funded by state general and federal title XIX funds to cover uninsured, childless adults.
Application for the Adult Benefits Waiver is made through local Department of Human Services offices.
Information for Beneficiaries:
ABW coverage information:
- ABW Coverages .
- ABW Beneficiaries will get a mihealth card . If you are enrolled in an ABW County Health Plan, you will also get a health card from that Health Plan in addition to the mihealth card. Take both the County Health Plan ID card and the mihealth card with you when you need medical services.
Adult Benefits Waiver:
- Some counties have a County Health Plan.
For questions and/or problems, call the Beneficiary Help Line at 1-800-642-3195.
Information for Providers:
- ABW Policy: Click Here for the Provider Manual. See the ABW Chapter for more information concerning coverage, billing, and reimbursement policy.
- Level of Care (LOC) code 11 identifies ABW beneficiaries enrolled in a County Health Plan. No LOC code is used to identify the Fee For Service (FFS) ABW beneficiary.
- Please contact Provider Inquiry if you have questions:
P.O. Box 30731
Lansing, MI 48909-8231