- Measurable Annual Goals Guidance
The Office of Special Education developed this guidance document to assist with the development of measurable annual goals.
- 2014-15 SE-4096 Application Available
The 2014-15 Special Education Actual Cost Report (SE-4096) and its instructions are now available. No hard copy will be mailed. Local districts are to submit the completed 2014-15 SE-4096 application to the Intermediate School District (ISD) by September 16, 2015, unless the ISD has communicated other instructions directly to the districts.
ISDs are to submit the 2014-15 Special Education Actual Cost Reports to the Office of Special Education on or before September 30, 2015. ISDs must ensure that the 2014-15 Special Education Actual Cost Reports are submitted to the Michigan Department of Education Office of Special Education by the deadline to avoid a state aid penalty.
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) 2015 Public Reporting Data Available Michigan's 2015 public reporting data for students with an Individualized Education Program are now available, as required by the IDEA. These data provide districts and communities an opportunity to see what is working well in special education for children and students from ages 3 through 21, and to identify what aspects are in need of improvement. Some of the areas reported include Graduation, Dropout, Statewide Assessment, and Parent Involvement.
- Michigan's FFY 2013 Part B State Performance Plan and Annual Performance Report The Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004 (IDEA) requires each state to have in place a State Performance Plan (SPP). This plan describes and evaluates the state's efforts to implement the requirements of IDEA Part B. The SPP includes annual targets for 18 indicators identified by the Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) at the U.S. Department of Education.
- Michigan's FFY 2013 Part B State Systemic Improvement Plan (SSIP) Phase 1 The SSIP is a new qualitative State Performance Plan results indicator (indicator 17) that focuses on improving results for children with disabilities.
- Michigan's FFY 2013 Part B Annual Performance Report At-a-Glance A brief summary document showing the status of FFY 2013 SPP targets, data trends, and key notes.
- Rotational Schedule for Submission and Review of ISD Plans This document outlines the rotational schedule for submission and review of ISD plans beginning in the fall of 2015.
- Michigan Special Education Reference MI-SER provides access to state and federal special education law and policy information and resources. The database features a comprehensive search functionality allowing users to research relevant information.
- VI & DHH Consortia for Teacher Preparation The Michigan Department of Education has partnered with several out-of-state institutions of higher education that have teacher preparation programs, as well as with schools and agencies for the blind and Michigan institutions of higher education, to deliver an online endorsement program that will permit certified teachers to obtain an additional endorsement on their Michigan teaching certificate in either deaf/hard of hearing or visual impairment.
- Sign-up to receive OSE email updates
- School-wide Positive Behavior Support Implementation Guide
- Dispute Resolution/Mediation Services
- OSE Regional Map