The Michigan Profile for Healthy Youth (MiPHY) is an online student health survey offered by the Michigan Departments of Education and Community Health to support local and regional needs assessment. The MiPHY provides student results on health risk behaviors including substance use, violence, physical activity, nutrition, sexual behavior, and emotional health in grades 7, 9, and 11. The survey also measures risk and protective factors most predictive of alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use and violence. MiPHY results, along with other school-reported data, will help schools make data-driven decisions to improve programming funded under the Title IV Safe and Drug-Free Schools (SDFS) program of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 as well as other prevention and health promotion programming.
Schools and districts register and survey via an on-line system. See below for information about the MiPHY.
Contact information: Project Specialist, Nicole Kramer
- Learn about the new Michigan School Health Survey System and get step-by-step instructions for implementing MiPHY and other school health surveys. These webinars include live Q&A with State staff. To register and receive phone and login information, simply email your name, school or agency, and date with subject line MIPHYWEB to email@example.com
2014 Survey System Webinar Dates
- January 7, 3:00 pm
- January 23, 10:00 am
- February 12, 3:00 pm
- February 24, 10:00 am
- March 4, 3:00 pm
- March 20, 10:00 am
- April 8, 3:00 pm
- April 24, 10:00 am
- The 2012 MiPHY County Reports are now available below at the County Reports access page. Thank you for your support of MiPHY and hope to see you again in 2013-2014!
- MiPHY PSA
- MiPHY Brochure 2011-2012
- General MiPHY FAQ 2010
- What's new for 2009-10 MiPHY!
- MiPHY FAQ 2.0!
- Survey Tools for Healthy Schools Summary Apr 2008
- County Reports access page
- County Report News and Information
- Final 2012 MiPHY Participation Map
- Final 2010 MiPHY Participation Map
- 2007-08 Final MiPHY County Participation Map
- 2007-08 County Average Age of Onset by Grade
- 2007-08 County Average Age of Onset Middle School Gender and Total
- 2007-08 County Average Age of Onset High School Gender and Total