close print view
- Brandon. R. (2000). Impact of Peer Substance Use on Middle School Performance in Washington, Washington Kids Count, Human Services Policy Center, Evans School of Public Affairs, Seattle, WA: University of Washington.
- Cotton, K. (1995). Research You Can Use to Improve Results. Alexandria, VA: ASCD and Portland, OR: NWREL. See chapter 2, Management and Organization.
- DePorter, B., Reardon, M. and Singer-Nourie, S. (1999). Quantum Teaching: Orchestrating Student Success. Boston: Allyn and Bacon. See chapter 4, Orchestrating a Supportive Environment; chapter 9, Orchestrating Life Skills.
- Dryfoos, J. G. (1998). Full-Service Schools: A Revolution in Health and Social Services for Children, Youth, and Families. San Francisco, CA: Jossey Bass Education Series.
- Dryfoos, J. G. (1998). Safe Passage: Making It Through Adolescence in a Risky Society. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Elias, M. J. et. al. (1997). Promoting Social and Emotional Learning. Guidelines for Educators. Alexandria, VA: ASCD.
- Freiberg, J. (Ed.) (1999). School Climate: Measuring, Improving and Sustaining Healthy Learning Environments. New York: The Falmer Press.
- Hawkins, J. D. (1999). Preventing Crime and Violence Through Communities That Care, European Journal on Criminal Policy and Research, 7, 443-458.
- Hawkins, J. D., Catalano, R. F., Kosterman, R., Abbott, R., and Hill, D. G. (1999). Preventing Adolescent Health-Risk Behaviors by Strengthening Protection During Childhood. Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, 153(3), 226-239.
- Irvin, J. L. (Ed.) (1997). What Current Research Says to the Middle Level Practitioner. Columbus, OH: National Middle School Association. See section II, Teaching/Learning.
- Johnson, D. W. and Johnson, R. T. (1995). Reducing School Violence through Conflict Resolution. Alexandria, VA: ASCD.
- Kohn, A. (1996). Beyond Discipline: From Compliance to Community. Alexandria, VA: ASCD.
- Kushman, J. (Ed.) (1997). Look Who's Talking Now: Student Views of Learning in Restructuring Schools. Portland. OR: Regional Educational Laboratory Network by the Restructuring Collaborative.