Family FUNdamentals Pre K-3 Learning Activities
Studies show that students are more likely to achieve and succeed if the enter school and each grade with the foundational skills needed to be ready.
A child's ability to succeed in school takes a partnership—one that begins at home and continues in school. To ensure all students enter school ready to learn, the Michigan Department of Education has developed a variety of literacy and math activities for preschool to fourth grade students parents can help their children practice at home.
These activities are aligned with the with state and federal standards.
Family FUNdamentals SUMMER LEARNING ACTIVITY PDF Documents
- Executive Summary
- Introduction (Read First)
- PreKindergarten Literacy Activities
- PreKindergarten Math Activities
- Kindergarten Literacy Activities
- Kindergarten Math Activities
- First Grade Literacy Activities
- 1st Grade Math Activities
- 2nd Grade Literacy Activities
- 2nd Grade Math Activities
- Additional Learning Materials - Picture Cards, etc.
- Please tell us what you think about the activities mail-in
All information contained in this publication may be printed, copied and given to parents as you choose. For example, you could print and copy a full English Language Arts activities for each parent, or select specific skill activities based on student need.
The FAMILY FUNdamentals for Literacy activities were created with the help of teachers, parents, and reading specialists on the Michigan Department of Education's Early Literacy Committee.
Special thanks to Linda Wacyk, Jan Ellis, Steve Anderson, Bonnie Rockefellow, Annena McCleskey, Faith Stevens and Lindy Bush. Editorial Services and Publishing by Linda Wacyk, Partnership For Learning and Jon Mc Duffy. Prepress Layout and Design by Marilyn ( Sam ) Nesbitt. Illustrations by Carrie Strom.
More resources to follow. For additional information contact: Jan Ellis, email@example.com, (517) 373-9391.