NEW! 2015 Plan Year Update: The IRS issued a notice on October 30, 2014 that will raise the annual limit for the Health Care FSA to $2,550 effective January 1, 2015.
Notice: The U.S. Department of Treasury and IRS issued a notice on October 31, 2013 revising the "Use It or Lose It" rule for Health Care FSAs. This modification permits employers to choose to allow up to $500 of unused amounts remaining at the end of a plan year in a Health Care FSA to be paid or reimbursed to plan participants for eligible expenses incurred during the following plan year, provided that the plan does not also incorporate the grace period rule.
The State of Michigan currently offers a grace period and will continue to do so for the 2014 & 2015 plan years. Civil Service Commission will evaluate this revised ruling and determine how future plan years will be administered.
2014 FSA Plan Year
- December 31, 2014 - Last day of the 2014 FSA Plan Year.
- March 15, 2015 - Last day to incur charges for the 2014 FSA plan year through WageWorks©
- May 31, 2015 - NEW! Extended Date! Last day to submit reimbursement requests through WageWorks© for the 2014 FSA plan year.
2015 FSA Plan Year
- November 3 - December 1, 2014 - Open Enrollment for the 2015 FSA plan year.
- January 1, 2015 - First day of the 2015 FSA plan year.
- January 15, 2015 - First payroll deduction for the 2015 FSA plan year.
- December 31, 2015 - Last day of the 2015 FSA Plan Year.
- March 15, 2016 - Last day to incur charges for the 2015 FSA plan year through WageWorks©
- May 31, 2016 - NEW! Extended Date! Last day to submit reimbursement requests through WageWorks© for the 2015 FSA plan year.
When submitting a claim or contacting WageWorks©, you will be asked to provide an ID Code. Enter the last four digits of your employee ID number, not the last four of your social security number.