P.O. Box 30002, Lansing, MI 48909
Phone: (517) 373-7977 or (800) 505-5011
Fax: (517) 373-3174
We are committed to meeting the benefit needs of State of Michigan employees, retirees and their families through the efficient administration and delivery of group benefit programs. We will achieve our mission through an ongoing analysis of our benefits history and experiences, and the knowledgeable interpretation and communication of available benefits, services and enhancements, so that we can effectively meet our customers' current and future needs.
EBD - Responsibilities
The Employee Benefits Division is charged with the responsibility of:
- Overseeing and maintaining vendor contracts with all benefit insurance carriers doing business with the State of Michigan,
- Ensuring that the insurance vendors adhere to guidelines established in the contract,
- Conduct annual open enrollment for flexible benefit program,
- Maintain health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, i.e., conduct annual open enrollment, and respond to questions,
- Oversee the COBRA (continuation of benefits) program. Requires adherence to federal law as it pertains to COBRA and collective bargaining agreements as it pertains to continuation of group insurance while an individual is on layoff or leave of absence,
- Maintain Waiver of Premium life insurance for persons who are disabled,
- Ensure no duplication of coverage for state employees or their dependents through the state sponsored group insurance programs.
The Employee Health and Wellness Website is designed to provide you with health-related articles, monthly online WOW News, and links to wellness-related websites to help you get fit and stay fit. Many articles will change monthly, so visit this site often.