close print view
Cancer Educational Materials
- Prostate Cancer Decision Web Site (www.prostatecancerdecision.org) - The site includes an easy-to-navigate Web version of the booklet Making the Choice: Deciding What to Do About Early Stage Prostate Cancer, as well as an interactive tool that enables patients to determine five-year survival rates using their prostate specific antigen (PSA) test results, tumor state, and grade. Web site visitors can download an Adobe Acrobat PDF version of the Making the Choice booklet; they also can order it in a color-printed format.
- National Minority Cancer Awareness Week Fact Sheet (Michigan Department of Community Health, April 2013)
- April is National Cancer Control Month Fact Sheet (Michigan Department of Community Health, April 2010)
- National Cancer Survivors Day Fact Sheet (Michigan Department of Community Health, June 2010)
- Michigan Cancer Consortium (MCC) ( www.michigancancer.org ) - The Consortium is comprised of a dedicated group of public, private and voluntary organizations committed to reducing the human and economic impact of cancer in Michigan. Membership in the MCC is open to organizations that have missions that are in line with the goals of MCC.
Michigan Cancer Genetics Alliance
) - MIGenetics Connection is part of the Michigan's Genetic Resource Center. This Web site is intended to be a one-stop site for genetics information in Michigan. The following links are included on the Web site: Adult Genetics & Chronic Disease; Birth Defects & Folic Acid; Community Involvement; Data & Reports; Genes & Environment; Funding & Reimbursement; Genetic Health Services; Genetic Literacy; Laboratory Services; Newborn Screening; Policy & Law; Research in Michigan; Support Group Directory; and State Plan.
- Michigan Public Health Institute (www.mphi.org) - A full-service research, development, and educational institution, the Michigan Public Health Institute is a non-profit corporation created in 1990 to maximize positive health conditions in populations and communities through collaboration, scientific inquiry, and the application of scientific health practices; carry the voice of communities to health policy makers, scientists, purchasers, and funders; and advance community capacity to improve health, and reduce disparities among population groups and geographic areas.
- Patient Navigation Fact Sheet (Michigan Department of Community Health, June 2012)