close print view
Equal Opportunity Is The Law
Equal Opportunity is the Law
It is against the law for this recipient of Federal financial assistance to discriminate on the following basis:
· Against any individual in the United States, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief; and
· Against any beneficiary of programs financially assisted under Title I of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA), on the basis of the beneficiary's citizenship/ status as a lawfully admitted immigrant authorized to work in the United States, or his or her participation in any WIA Title I-financially assisted program or activity.
· Deciding who will be admitted, or have access, to any WIATitle I-financially assisted program or activity;
· Providing opportunities in, or treating any person with regard to, such a program or activity; or
· Making employment decisions in the administration of, or in connection with, such a program or activity.
If you think you've been subjected to discrimination under a WIA Title I-financially assisted program or activity, you may file a complaint within 180 days from the date of the alleged violation with either:
If the recipient does not give you a written Notice of Final Action within 90 days of the day on which you filed your complaint, you do not have to wait for the recipient to issue that Notice before filing a complaint with CRC.
However, you must file your CRC complaint within 30 days of the 90-day deadline (in other words, within 120 days after the day on which you filed your complaint with the recipient).
If the recipient does give you a written Notice of Final Action on your complaint, but you are dissatisfied with the decision or resolution, you may file a complaint with CRC. You must file your CRC complaint within 30 days of the date on which you received the Notice of Final Action.
The Michigan Department of Labor & Economic Growth is an equal opportunity employer/program.
> Equal Opportunity Notice (Arabic, MP3 format)
> Equal Opportunity Notice (English, MP3 format)
> Equal Opportunity Notice (Sign Language [PSE], Windows Media Format - Other formats coming soon!)
> Equal Opportunity Notice (Spanish, MP3 format)
Michigan.gov Home Talent and Job Resources Home Workforce Programs Home State Web Sites
Copyright © 2001-2013 State of Michigan