Mission & Vision
- MCSC's Mission and Vision The Michigan Community Service Commission utilizes service as a strategy to address the state's most pressing issues and empowers volunteers to strengthen communities.
- MCSC Program Statement The Michigan Community Service Commission utilizes service as a strategy to address the state's most pressing issues and empowers volunteers to strengthen communities. The MCSC uses Michigan's AmeriCorps, Mentor Michigan, Volunteer Michigan, and the Governor's Service Awards to achieve just that.
- MCSC Celebrates 20 Years of Using Service as a Strategy For 20 years, the Michigan Community Service Commission has been investing in innovative national service programs as a strategy to create community solutions. To commemorate their 20th anniversary year, the MCSC has produced this special document which celebrates the accomplishments and impact of national service in our state.
- MCSC Statewide Fast Facts Click here for some fast facts about the Michigan Community Service Commission and the funding it distributes. This document was updated in March 2011.
- We are Committed to Inclusion The Michigan Community Service Commission is firmly committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation in its programs, activities, and materials. Please call (517) 335-4295 to request accommodations or to obtain materials in an alternate format.
- Youth Service: A Panel Perspective
The Michigan Community Service Commission has a strong commitment to youth service in the state and works hard to propel the efforts of young people and their impact on a larger scale. For many years they've benefitted from youth commissioners serving on their board in an effort to capture the voice of Michigan's young people.
- Carolyn Bloodworth is chair of the Michigan Community Service Commission and a 27-year employee of Consumers Energy. She currently serves as Secretary/Treasurer of the Consumers Energy Foundation and the CMS Energy Foundation. In addition to managing the day-to-day operations of the foundations, Carolyn is also Director of Corporate Giving for CMS Energy and Consumers Energy. Her responsibilities involve corporate charitable contribution activities, administration of the corporation's dues and memberships and coordination of various community relations activities, including volunteer promotion and recognition. Carolyn is on the board of directors of the Food Bank Council of Michigan, the Arts and Cultural Alliance of Jackson County and The LEAGUE Michigan, a program of the Michigan Nonprofit Association. She serves on the board of regents for Baker College-Jackson and is a member of the United Way of Jackson County's Full Circle Steering Committee. She has served as a director of the Michigan Nonprofit Association, ConnectMichigan Alliance, WKAR's Community Advisory Board, Junior Achievement of the Michigan Edge, Jackson County's Promise to Youth Alliance and the Jackson Nonprofit Support Center. She has been an MCSC member since 2008 and was elected as Chair in September 2011.
- Gov. Rick Snyder honored for support of national service
Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder was selected to receive the 2015 State Leadership Award by Voices for National Service In recognition of his support for national service. The Michigan Community Service Commission joins the organization and congratulates Snyder on this honor.
- Employer of National Service MCSC is proud to be a charter member of Employers of National Service.
- Staff Directory
- Sign Up for the MCSC News, Resources, and More!