Resources for State Employees
• An Overview of Our Services
(See our State Employee Services brochure for more details.)
The Library of Michigan reference staff is ready to help you in a variety of ways:
*Locate articles in newspapers and magazines.
*Research factual and statistical information, such as demographics, addresses, quotations and dates.
*Provide materials from the Library's extensive collections.
Do you need a Library of Michigan Library card?
*Investigate a topic and send appropriate background and in depth materials.
*Obtain materials we do not own from other libraries through
Interlibrary Loan or Document Delivery.
*Consult and train in the use of print, electronic and Internet resources.
*Develop subject bibliographies.
In our research, we draw upon a variety of print and electronic resources. Our main collection focuses on government and policy research and includes a strong general reference collection. We also meet your information needs with our special collections, such as Law, Federal and State Government documents, and the Michigan Collection.
Contact us with your information needs. Request research assistance by
* Phone 517-373-1300
* Fax 517-373-3381
* Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Request online
Electronic Reference from Your Desktop
Using Library of Michigan Materials
Law Library Research Request
Using Materials from Other Libraries
Michigan Library and Historical Center
• ANSWER Library Catalog Search for books, magazines and newspapers, videos, maps, and more held at the Library of Michigan.
• Identify journals available in MeL Search by title, subject or ISSN to identify journals available through MeL.
• MeL, the Michigan eLibrary Search subscription databases, browse librarian-recommended Web resources and request items through MeLCat, the statewide library catalog and borrowing service using your local, participating public library.
• New Titles Browse a list of new materials at the Library of Michigan.
• Michigan in Brief Facts on Michigan's history, state symbols, demographics, geography, economy and more.
• Census and Statistical Data Michigan census data compiled by the State Demographer and the State Data Center/Business and Industry Data Center Program, a part of the Library Development and Data Services Division of the Library of Michigan.