Apply for Child Care Assistance

If you need help paying for your child care, assistance may be available. Use MI Bridges to apply.

If you cannot use MI Bridges to apply, you can use the paper Child Development and Care Application (DHS-4583). The Michigan Department of Education is responsible for all unlicensed provider enrollments.

If you plan to use an unlicensed child care provider who is not currently enrolled by the Department of Human Services, you will also need to have your provider complete the Child Development and Care Unlicensed Provider Application. Make sure that your provider reads and meets the requirements to be a DHS enrolled unlicensed child care provider. Ask your provider to complete page 1 and sign and date page 2. Have your provider submit pages 1 and 2 of the completed form, along with the required verifications listed on page 1, to the address or fax number listed on the application as soon as possible. Your provider should keep page 3.

For more information, go to the Child Development and Care Program page.