• IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Human Rabies Vaccine, Current Situation September 7, 2012
• UPDATED - Rabies Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Protocol for
People Exposed to Mammals
• UPDATED - Protocol for Dogs, Cats & Ferrets Possibly Exposed to Rabies If questions of exposure, first call your local health department and animal control offices. If they are unavailable,
call the Michigan Department of Agriculture (MDA) at (517) 373-1077 during business hours, or call the Michigan
Department of Community Health (MDCH) at (517) 335-8165 during business hours. After 5:00 p.m. and on weekends
call MDCH at (517) 335-9030, or MDA at (517) 373-0440.
• Rabies Postexposure Prophylaxis (PEP Basics) A free online course designed to educate healthcare providers and public health professionals about rabies, the approach used in evaluating patients for rabies virus exposure, and the administration of rabies postexposure prophylaxis (PEP) as recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). CE/CME Credits Available.
• New--ACIP Recommendation for Use of Reduced Vaccine Schedule for Human Rabies Postexposure Prophylaxis
• ACIP Recommendations for Human Rabies Postexposure Prophylaxis--2008
• USDA Wildlife Services Rabies Management
• How Can You Prevent Rabies? An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
• Information for Health Care Providers Protocols for evaluating and responding to situations when people or pets are potentially exposed to rabies. [UPDATE -- SEE New ACIP Recommendations for Human Rabies Postexposure Prophylaxis Above]
• *UPDATED* Compendium of Animal Rabies
Prevention and Control, 2011 National Association of State Public Health
Veterinarians, Inc. (NASPHV)