close print view
Records Management Officers (state agencies only)
Michigan law requires each department director to designate someone to serve as their department's Records Management Officers (RMO). RMOs help the Records Management Services coordinate the records management activities of their department, and they are the primary contact person for departmental employees.
- Coordinate agency review of disposal notices
- Identify issues/needs that need to be addressed by the Records Management Services
- Resolve internal issues identified by Records Management Services
- Assist agency staff with following records management procedures
- Be involved with decisions affecting records management within their agency
Click here to find out who your department's Records Management Officer is.
Records Analyst Services for Departments
The Records Analysts employed by the Records Management Services are assigned specific departments to work with. This allows the Records Analysts to build relationships with the departmental employees and to develop a thorough understanding of departmental functions. The Records Analysts work closely with the RMOs to provide services to each department.