Reference Request Form
The Archives of Michigan is pleased to offer our patrons the opportunity to submit reference requests online.
Before you submit your reference request:
Complete the form below and then click the Submit button.
- Prepayment is required to process reference requests. Please telephone (517) 373-1481 to prepay with a credit card, or read more about required information and fees before submitting your reference request.
- Do NOT include credit card information in this form.
- The Archives of Michigan does not have birth, death, divorce or marriage certificates. To order these, Visit the Michigan Vital Records Office at
- We ask for your telephone number in case we need clarification or further information. We ask for your mailing address because the search may result in paper copies that need to be mailed.
- The Archives of Michigan does not sell or provide your contact information to any third party.
- Limit request your to one name and one record source.
- Due to the heavy volume of e-mail, the Archives of Michigan reserves the right to limit the number of requests by any one researcher.
An acknowledgement will appear above the form, confirming the submission of your request.
An asterisk (*) indicates a required field.
Send your question or comment about this page to firstname.lastname@example.org.