- Information About Hunting Licenses and Seasons
- Purchase a Hunting License OnlineE-License is designed to allow customers to purchase hunting and fishing licenses, Sportcards, special hunt applications and permits 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and print most small game and fishing licenses using your own printer.
Hunting Applications & Drawings
- Pure Michigan HuntApply for the Pure Michigan Hunt from March 1 to December 31.
- Check Your Drawing ResultsNote: Drawing results will not be available until the listed posting dates.
- More Information About Hunting Applications and Drawings
Permits & Certifications
- Dog TrainingFox Hound Training Permit and Special Dog Training Area Permit
- FalconryInformation about how to get started in falconry.
- Field Dog TrialsA permit is required to conduct a field dog trial - defined as a trial or meet, advertised as such and open to entry by persons whose dogs qualify, in which not less than four participants, with dogs, are permitted to dog-train in competition or contest.
- Game Bird Hunting PreservesPheasants, bobwhite quail, Hungarian partridge, mallard ducks and exotic game birds may be raised and released for hunting for an extended season on hunting preserves licensed by the Michigan Department of Natural Resources.
- Game Bird Release PermitsLicensed hunting preserve operators possessing pheasants, bobwhite quail, or Hungarian partridge are authorized to issue Game Bird Release Permits to their customers wishing to purchase more than 12 of these birds live (or their eggs) for release or personal consumption.
- Permit Application for Non-Residents to Use Dogs for Hunting Black Bear in Michigan
- Wildlife Damage and Nuisance Control PermitsAn approved permit is required for all Wildlife Damage and Nuisance Control Commercial Operators